Elders – New Covenant Church of Woodward, Oklahoma welcome you.
- Acts 14:23, “And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
- I Timothy 5:17, “Let the elders that rule well be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.
Elders – New Covenant Church: Blessed
New Covenant Church of Woodward, Oklahoma, is blessed to have dedicated men serve as Elders for our local church.
These elders are not novices, but they are men who have addicted themselves to the ministry of Jesus Christ; his word, the Holy Bible; and to the service of our brothers and sisters in Christ.
They stand ready to welcome you to our fellowship.
Elders – New Covenant Church: Meeting Scripture Qualifications
The Elders of New Covenant Church meet the scripture qualifications according to Titus 1:5-9.
- Titus 1:5-9, “For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee.
- If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
- For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
- But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;
- Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince gainsayers.
Elders – New Covenant Church: A Prayer for You from an Elder
I pray out of Christ’s glorious riches, He may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through Faith.
And…I pray that you may be rooted and grounded in love, and have power with all the saints to grasp how wide and long, and high and deep is the Love of Christ.
And…to personally know this love that you may be filled with the fullness of God.
Now…unto him who is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine according to his power that is work in us, be glory and power in the church through Jesus Christ throughout all generations forever. Amen.
Your friends in Christ