Born Again – How Can You Tell
Born Again – How Can You Tell: Who is Born Again?
If you have been born again, according to John Chapter three and verse five, then old things should have already passed away and all things are becoming brand new.
- John 3:5-6, ” Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.”
· The difference in the flesh and the Spirit is the flesh lust for the things of the world and follows Satan.
The Spirit obeys the voice of God and desires the things of God.
If you are born again you have been transformed to a new life.
1. Losing old desires
2. Separating ourselves from worldliness to a Spiritual walk with God.
Paul wrote to the church of Galatia
- Gal 5:16-26, “16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lust against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law. 19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, 20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, 21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, reveling and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.”
Born Again – How Can You Tell: New Creature?
The Bible tells us that when we become born again we are a new creature.
- 2 Corinthians 5:17, ” Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new.”
The scripture does say:
If any man be in Christ: that is saying, if you are truly born again there will be a noticeable change in your lifestyle.
A change in your attitude and desires.
Born Again – How Can You Tell: Likeness of Christ?
To be a Christian means we take on the likeness of Christ, that we do not let sin continue to reign in our bodies.
- Romans 6:12-17, “12 Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. 13 Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead(Born again) and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. 14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. 15 What then? shall we sin, because we are not under the law, but under grace? God forbid. 16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness? 17 But God be thanked, that ye were the servants of sin, but ye have obeyed from the heart that form of doctrine which was delivered you.”
Born Again – How Can You Tell: Obeying the Word of God?
If you obey the word of God then you are most likely born again, if you don’t obey the word of God then you are probably still lost without regard to God.
If a person claims to be born again and their Spirit and attitude hasn’t changed, if their desires are not toward glorifying God, chances are they have not been born again.
Peter and the Apostles were followers of Christ but they were were still in training. Remember Jesus said “Follow me and I will make you fishers of Men.” Matthew 4:19
Born Again – How Can You Tell: Being Filled with the Spirit?
Being filled with the Spirit made a big difference in the lives of the disciples in the upper room;
- Matt 18:3, “And said, Verily I say unto you, except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”
Born Again – How Can You Tell: What Does Conversion Mean?
- To change (something) into another form, substance, state, or product; transform:
- To change (something) from one use, function, or purpose to another; adapt to a new or different purpose:
It means to be different, if you claim to be converted to Christianity and you haven’t changed, you have been deceived.
- Luke 22:31-34, “31 And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, behold, Satan hath desired to have you, that he may sift you as wheat: 32 But I have prayed for thee, that thy faith fail not: (Notice his next statement:) and when thou art converted, strengthen thy brethren. 33 And he said unto him, Lord, I am ready to go with thee, both into prison, and to death. (There are a lot of people that say the same thing but their faithfulness to God on earth proves different.) 34 And he said, I tell thee, Peter, the cock shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrice deny that thou knows me. (God knows us we; doesn’t he?”)
Born Again – How Can You Tell: Keeping His Commandments?
You see Peter made the confession that he was willing to die if necessary to prove his devotion to Jesus, Peter spoke one thing but under pressure, did something entirely different.
- Acts 3:19, 19 “Repent ye therefore, “and be converted”, (meaning born again) that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; It’s easy to say I am saved but proving with a changed lifestyle is altogether different”.
If you are not willing to keep God’s commandments you possibly haven’t been born again.
- Proverbs 7:2-3, “Keep my commandments and live and my law as the apple of thine eye. 3 Bind them upon thy fingers; write them upon the table of thine heart.”
- Proverbs 8:32, “Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction and be wise, and refuse it not.(People will hear instruction but not follow through.) 34 Blessed is the man that hears me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoso finds me finds life and shall obtain favor of the LORD. 36 But he that sins against me wrongs his own soul: all they that hate me love death.”
- John 8:51, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.”
- John 14:15-16, “if ye love me, keep my commandments.”
- John 14:24, “He that loves me not keeps not my sayings and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father’s which sent me.”
The Ones that were told by Jesus to go to Jerusalem and tarry there (That meant they were to stay until they were filled with the Holy Ghost.) they went, they stayed and they were filled just like Jesus promised.