About Us: Not Just a Church,
But a CELEBRATION of Our LORD JESUS CHRIST
New Covenant Church is called to be a place to demonstrate supernatural power and prayer; impacting Woodward and the surrounding communities with the unconditional love and acceptance of God, reaching out with the message of hope, healing, and restoration. Bringing all people to a place of spiritual maturity and service in Jesus through obedience to His Holy Word.
“Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a New Covenant with the house of Judah… For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those many days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their hearts; and I will be to them a God and they shall be to me a people” (Hebrews 8:8 and 10)
What We Believe
At New Covenant Church, people from different denominational and theological backgrounds are welcome. New Covenant Church believes that unity is achieved, not by dogmatic insistence on minute details of doctrine, but through loving one another with the love of the Lord Jesus Christ.
New Covenant Church recognizes the following central doctrines of the faith as foundational:
1) God always has been ans always will be God. He reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (Matt. 28:19, II Cor. 13:14)
2) The entire Bible, Old and New Testaments, is the Word of God. As such it is without error and is eternally true. Therefore we use the Bible as our authoritative rule of faith and conduct. (Psalm 19:7-11; II Tim. 3:15-17)
3) Man’s only hope of salvation is to repent and receive forgiveness and new life through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. It is the gift of God and provided solely by His grace through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. (II Cor. 7:10; Eph. 2:8-9; Titus 3:4-7)
4) The ordinance of baptism by immersion in water is the biblical pattern for all who have, by faith, received Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. (Matt. 28:19; Mark 16:16; Rom. 6:4
5) The ordinance of the Lord’s Supper may be received by any born again believer after personal self-examination. (Matt. 26:26-27; I Cor. 10:16-17, 11:23
6) The baptism of the Holy Spirit is available to all who truly desire Jesus to be Lord and ask for the fulness of the Holy Spirit. With this experience comes power, boldness, and a greater understanding of God and His Word. (Luke 11:13; Acts 1:8; 2:4, 4:31, 10:44-47, 19:6)